In keeping with institutional policies, O&Med does not discriminate on the basis of place of birth, sex, ethnic group, age, color, origin, social status, physical handicap, political or religious beliefs, sexual preference, or civil status. We believe in the integrity of human beings and their freedom to determine a career path and life direction.
O&M Medical School welcomes newly admitted national and international students.
Students that wish to transfer to the institution will be evaluated on a case-to-case basis.
According to the Admission regulations of the Universidad Dominicana O y M, in order to consider a student’s application, it must meet with the following criteria:
1) Completed Electronic Application Form.
2) Copy of Identification Document (ID) or passport.
3) High School Diploma or Certified GPA (an application must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 points or its equivalent).
4) Official High School Transcript (can be supplied upon graduation).
5)Transcript from other colleges or other studies (University or post Grad studies).
6) Two Passport sized photos.
7) Legalized Birth Certificate.
8) Certificate of Good Conduct or "lack of criminal record".
9) Medical Certificate .
10) 1000 word Essay (See Electronic Application Form)
11) 500 words essay (Personal achievements, working experience, voluntary work, community services, etc.) (See Electronic Application Form)
13) Berlitz english test(can be taken online)
Complementary documents that will be taken into account as valuable and relevant information when the applicant is interviewed by the admissions committee:
a) SAT or equivalent
b) TOEFL official scores (TOEFL exempt if English is the native language)
Student Affairs Office is liable to ask for additional documents (if applicable).
For foreign students, the same documents and general requirements apply, as well as the High School transcript being duly authenticated by the Ministry of Education or other relevant authority, and any other required document, as dictated by the guidelines available at the Dominican Consulate designated for your country of residence and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs within the Dominican Republic.
A long form birth certificate may be substituted by a certified copy of the registration of birth, passport or any other legal authorization to stay in the country. For more information on student visas, please contact the Dominican Consulate designated for your country of residence.
In order to complete the process, the students will be required to upload all supporting documents through the electronic application form or deposit them at the Admissions Office.
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to evaluate each student based on merit and recommend a preparatory course for those who are assessed as needing extra teaching to successfully enter the first year.
If accepted, the students will be required to send or deposit all original supporting documents at the Admissions Office:
Ave. Independencia #364
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 10205